In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to George Szczepanski, host of The Prodcast from the Produce Aisle, about trends for 2019 in the world of fruits and veggies as well as insider tips on shopping for produce. George has an extensive background working in the fresh fruit and vegetable industry over the last fourteen years, spending the last 8 years with the Produce Marketing Association, helping to put on the largest fresh produce and floral convention in North America. George also shares a glimpse into his world as a new dad.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 3:23 Meet George
- 4:48 The Prodcast from the Produce Aisle
- 6:08 Produce trends to watch out for in 2019
- 12:40 What’s in season during the winter months
- 18:33 Tips for shopping the produce department
- 25:39 What are companies doing to prevent food waste
- 30:59 New parent strategy for getting your little ones to eat fruits and veggies
- The Prodcast from the Produce Aisle
- What’s in Season Guides
- Produce Tips for tips on how to pick, prep, & store 50+ fruits and veggies
- 7 Tips to Reduce Food Waste and Save Money
- New Products & Trends from PMA’s Fresh Summit
- Sumo Citrus
Other Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 5: Navigating First Foods
- Episode 10: Shopping Tips from a Grocery Store Dietitian
- Episode 14: Tips for Grocery Shopping with Kids
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.