In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Produce for Kids blog contributor and registered dietitian, Holley Grainger of HolleyGrainger.com as part 2 of a 2-part series all around holiday snacks. For part 2, we’re focusing on all things Thanksgiving, Christmas and the upcoming holiday season. Holley shares tips and ideas on creating festive snacks, lightening up your favorite holiday dishes and balancing your diet during this season.
Holley Grainger is a nationally recognized lifestyle, culinary, and nutrition expert as well as a wife, mom, and business owner. She does her best to keep it real and have fun with her family, readers, and clients all while balancing a sink of dirty dishes, a clingy toddler, a preschooler that lives for endless games of hide-and-seek, and a glass of red wine. Holley’s blog, Holley Grainger Nutrition, shares simple, healthy, flavor-packed meals as well as practical, doable nutrition advice. The former nutrition editor for CookingLight.com and MyRecipes.com, she has instructed millions of accomplished and aspiring home cooks on how to make simple, healthy, family-friendly meals through online video, media appearances, speaking engagements, national news segments, online instructional guides and social media.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:39 Thanksgiving treats for the kids
- 6:53 Thanksgiving recipe ideas
- 12:11 Holiday snacks to make with the kids
- 15:35 How to balance sugar overload with healthier options
- 17:13 How to lighten up traditional holiday dishes
- Download a free copy of our Festive Flavors e-cookbook for lightened-up versions of your favorite holiday dishes!
- Gift Guide for Getting Kids in the Kitchen
- All Things Thanksgiving on the Produce for Kids blog: from how to host your first Thanksgiving to ideas to lightened up your menu
- Festive Thanksgiving Snack Ideas
- Easy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili (use leftover turkey in place of chicken!)
- Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole – use to sweeten oatmeal then top with dried cranberries and pecans
- Thanksgiving Turkey-Themed Ideas
- All Things Christmas/Holidays on the Produce for Kids blog: from stocking stuffer ideas to festive snack ideas
- Fun, Kid-Friendly Christmas/Holiday Snack Ideas
- Pear Galette with Sparkling Cranberries
- Hot Apple Pie Punch (for adults!)
- Santa Marshmallow Pops
- Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
- Grinch Kabobs
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.