Fall is here, which means it’s time to head to the apple orchard for apple picking. Or at least you can grab some of your favorite varieties at the local grocery store or farmers market to make a few of these delicious apple recipes.
Did you know there are over 2,500 varieties of apples grown in the US and 7,500 varieties grown worldwide? While only about 100 varities grown in the US are for commercial reasons, it can still be overwhleming to decide which variety, each with its own unique flavor profile and texture, to grab at the store.
Whether your using the apples for snacking, salads, baking or cooking, check out this handy guide with common apple varities for each!
As if you need more reasons to enjoy them this fall, we’ve rounded up 40 apple recipes to try out!
1. Pork Chops & Cinnamon Apples from Produce for Kids
2. Apple, Celery & Walnut Salads with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette from Aggie’s Kitchen
3. Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather from Baked by Rachel
4. Fall Harvest Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette from Produce for Kids
5. Apple Cinnamon Blender Waffles from The Lean Green Bean
6. Cheesy Eggplant Apple Quesadillas from Dizzy Busy & Hungry
7. Ham, Apple & Cheese Wraps from Produce for Kids
8. Walnut-Stuffed Baked Apples from Foxes Love Lemons
9. Apple, Oat & Almond Breakfast Crisp from Celebrating Sweets
10. Pear-Stuffed Baked Apples from Produce for Kids
11. Herbed Applesauce from Nutmeg Nanny
12. 2-Minute Apple Pie Crunch from Dizzy Busy & Hungry
13. Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples & Pistachios from Produce for Kids
14. Apples & Bacon Salad with Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette from Diethood