Raise your hand if you are looking forward to candy-crazy kids this Halloween! I didn’t think so. Candy on Halloween is an unavoidable situation. Between school parties and trick or treating, you could probably open your own candy store with the amount kids seem to collect. But Halloween doesn’t have to be all about the candy.
Don’t get me wrong, candy is definitely consumed during the Halloween season in my house, but we adopt an “all in moderation” approach. If I simply take away all the candy, it only makes them want it more. Instead, we set limits. A small piece of candy in the lunchbox, another after dance practice, etc. This teaches my girls to choose only their favorites over eating everything in sight and that a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be restrictive. As long as we eat healthy, balanced meals most of the time, a small treat here or there is okay.
Another tradition on our house is to make healthier options for school parties and family time, like when watching a Halloween movie. We rounded up 25 of our favorite healthy and festive Halloween treats that your family will love.
- Apple Monsters from Produce for Kids
- Monster Pizzas from Jodi Fitz
- Halloween Black Bean Dip from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Candy Corn Parfaits from Produce for Kids
- Apricot Jack o’ Lanterns from Cook the Story
- Spooky Graveyard Ghost Cups from Holley Grainger Nutrition
- Jack ‘o Lantern Fruit Bowls from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Frozen “Boo”-nana Pops from Skinnytaste
- Caramel Apple Banana Bites from Produce for Kids
- White Chocolate Ghost Haystacks from Holley Grainger Nutrition
- Orange Peach Jack o’ Lantern Halloween Smoothie from Meal Planning Magic
- Deviled Eyeballs from A Bird & A Bean
- Halloween Meatloaf Muffins from Courtney’s Sweets
- Frankenstein Fruit Cups from Produce for Kids
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Frankenstein Pasta from Super Healthy Kids
- Frankenstein Guacamole from Produce for Kids
- Healthy Halloween Bat Energy Bites from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Halloween Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip with Spooky Fruit Snacks from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Jack o’ Lantern Veggie Platter from Produce for Kids
- Pumpkin Empanadas from Adriana’s Best Recipes
- Frankenstein Kiwis from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Grape Spiders & Clementine Pumpkins from Produce for Kids
- Ghost & Mummy Pizzas from Dishin & Dishes
- Halloween Stuffed Peppers from Everyday Jenny
Don’t forget to test your knowledge of Freaky Fruits for Halloween by taking our quiz! Plus, you can enter to win a prize pack of Freaky Fruits from our friends at Melissa’s Produce.