Raise your hand if you are looking forward to candy-crazy kids this Halloween!
I didn’t think so.
Candy on Halloween is an unavoidable situation. Between school parties and trick or treating, you could probably open your own candy store with the amount kids seem to collect. But Halloween doesn’t have to be all about the candy.
Don’t get me wrong, candy is definitely consumed during the Halloween season in my house, but we adopt an “all in moderation” approach. If I simply take away all the candy, it only makes them want it more.
Instead, we set limits.
A small piece of candy in the lunchbox, another after dance practice, etc. This teaches my girls to choose only their favorites over eating everything in sight and that a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to be restrictive. As long as we eat healthy, balanced meals most of the time, a small treat here or there is okay.
Another tradition in our house is to make healthier options for school parties and family time, like when watching a Halloween movie.
We rounded up 25 of our favorite healthy and festive Halloween treats that your family will love.
1. Apple Monsters from Produce for Kids
2. Monster Pizzas from Jodi Fitz
3. Halloween Black Bean Dip from A Mind “Full” Mom
4. Candy Corn Parfaits from Produce for Kids
7. Taco-Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers from Produce for Kids
8. Jack ‘o Lantern Fruit Bowls from Chocolate Covered Katie
9. Frozen “Boo”-nana Pops from Skinnytaste
10. Caramel Apple Banana Bites from Produce for Kids
11. White Chocolate Ghost Haystacks from Holley Grainger Nutrition
12. Orange Peach Jack o’ Lantern Halloween Smoothie from Meal Planning Magic
13. Deviled Eyeballs from A Bird & A Bean
14. Halloween Meatloaf Muffins from Courtney’s Sweets
15. Frankenstein Fruit Cups from Produce for Kids
16. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts from Yummy Healthy Easy
17. Frankenstein Pasta from Super Healthy Kids
18. Frankenstein Guacamole from Produce for Kids
19. Healthy Halloween Bat Energy Bites from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
20. Halloween Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip with Spooky Fruit Snacks from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
21. Jack o’ Lantern Veggie Platter from Produce for Kids
22. Frankenstein Kiwis from Two Healthy Kitchens
23. Grape Spiders & Clementine Pumpkins from Produce for Kids
24. Ghost & Mummy Pizzas from Dishin & Dishes
25. Halloween Stuffed Peppers from Everyday Jenny