Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Spinach is available year-round.
Health Benefits of Spinach:
- Spinach is rich in Vitamin A and a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
How to Select Spinach:
- Choose spinach with leaves that are crisp and dark green.
- Avoid limp or yellowing spinach leaves.
How to Store Spinach:
- Refrigerate unwashed spinach in a loose plastic bag up to 3-4 days. Do not wash until ready to eat.
How to Prepare Spinach:
Fun Facts About Spinach:
- In the 1930’s U.S. spinach growers credited Popeye with a 33% increase in domestic spinach consumption
- Medieval artists extracted green pigment from spinach to use as an ink or paint