Skip to content
Skip to main menu
Seasonality of Rambutan:
- Rambutans are available year-round.
Health Benefits of Rambutan:
- Rambutans are high in fiber, an excellent source of iron and a good source of Vitamin C.
How to Select Rambutan:
- Choose rambutans with intact skin and no breakage or leaks.
How to Store Rambutan:
- Store rambutans in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
How to Prepare Rambutan:
- To eat a rambutan, peel off skin and remove the grape-like flesh. The flesh contains an inedible seed, so be careful when eating.
- Eat alone or add to salads or desserts.
Fun Facts About Rambutan:
- Ramutans are a relative of the Lychee and has a spiky red shell covering a sweet grape-like flesh. An inedible seed is contained within the flesh, so be careful when eating!
- Rambutans get their name from the Malaysian work for hair, or “Rambut.”