Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Nectarines are in season May to September.
Health Benefits of Nectarines:
- Nectarines are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and potassium.
- They are also abundant in antioxidants.
How to Select Nectarines:
- Look for medium to large nectarines that are free of blemishes or bruises.
- Avoid nectarines with green or wrinkled skin.
How to Store Nectarines:
- Store unripe nectarines at room temperature until ripe. To speed up the ripening process, place nectarines in a paper bag and store at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
- Store ripe nectarines in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator.
How to Prepare Nectarines:
- Nectarines don’t need to be peeled.
- To remove the seed, use a paring knife to cut the nectarine along the seam and around the seed. Twist to separate the halves.
Fun Facts About Nectarines:
- Nectarines are sometimes called “shaved peaches” because their skin is smooth.