Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Kale is in season year-round.
Health Benefits of Kale:
- Kale is high in fiber, iron, Vitamin K, antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and calcium.
- One cup of kale contains 10% of your recommended daily allowance of omega-3 fatty acids, which help fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
How to Select Kale:
- Select kale with fresh, plump, crisp leaves. Avoid kale with limp or yellow leaves.
- Sniff kale leaves and avoid those with a strong odor.
How to Store Kale:
- Store kale in a plastic bag with the air removed in the coldest part of the refrigerator, as it tends to get bitter the longer it is left out at room temperature.
How to Prepare Kale:
Fun Facts About Kale:
- A serving of kale has more absorbable calcium than a small carton of milk.
- A British company crossbred Brussels sprouts and kale into a dainty green vegetable called “kalettes.”