Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Cauliflower is in season year-round.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower:
- One serving of cauliflower contains 77% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C.
- It’s also a good source of Vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber & Vitamin B6.
How to Select Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower heads should be firm and tightly closed. White varieties should be very pale, with no dark “sunburned” spots.
- Avoid any heads that show signs of softness.
How to Store Cauliflower:
- Store cauliflower whole in a loosely sealed plastic bag for up to 4-7 days. Place a paper towel in the bag to absorb excess moisture and prevent rot.
How to Prepare Cauliflower:
- To cut cauliflower into florets, quarter the head, remove the core and break into florets.
- Cauliflower can also be roasted whole. Rinse and pat dry before seasoning.
Fun Facts About Cauliflower:
- Cauliflower comes in purple, orange, green, and white.