Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Blackberries are available year-round in most regions, with peak season being June to August.
Health Benefits of Blackberries:
- Blackberries have one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food.
- Contains anthocyanins, a powerful phytonutrient that has shown to protect the brain from stress and may reduce the effect of age-related conditions.
- Blackberries are also high in fiber and Vitamins C, E and K.
How to Select Blackberries:
- Look for blackberries that are firm and have a deep color.
- Avoid blackberries with hulls attached, which is a sign of premature picking, or soft, moldy berries.
How to Store Blackberries:
- Store blackberries unwashed in the original container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Prepare Blackberries:
- Rinse blackberries gently with cool water just before you’re ready to eat them.
Fun Facts about Blackberries:
- Unripen blackberries are red in color, not green.
- Blackberries are considered a “bramble” crop, named after the thorns that cover many varieties of the plants.