Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Bananas are in season year-round.
Health Benefits of Bananas:
- Bananas are rich in fiber, which helps moderate blood sugar levels and improve digestive health.
- Bananas are also a great source of potassium, a mineral essential for health heart, controlling blood pressure and kidney health.
How to Select Bananas:
- Look for bananas that have an even yellow color.
- Avoid bruised bananas, or those that have been visibly damaged during the shipping process as they will ripen unevenly.
How to Store Bananas:
- Store bananas on the counter or in a cool dry place for up to a week.
- Unriped bananas can be placed in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process.
- Refrigeration is not recommended because bananas are sensitive to the cold and may be damaged by cold temperatures.
How to Prepare Bananas:
- Pinch the top of the banana and carefully peel back the skin before eating.
Fun Facts About Bananas:
- On average, Americans eat more than 28 pounds of bananas per person, per year!