Skip to content Skip to main menu
- Apricots are in season May to August.
Health Benefits of Apricots:
- Apricots are rich in antioxidants, linked to reductions in heart disease, and carotenoids for eye health.
- Also a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and fiber.
How to Select Apricots:
- Choose apricots that are firm to touch, plump in appearance and possess a deep orange or yellow/orange color. The skin should be smooth and unwrinkled.
- Avoid apricots that are pale yellow or greenish-yellow, or ones with cuts, dents or shriveled skin.
How to Store Apricots:
- Store ripe apricots in a plastic bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Place unripened apricots in a paper bag at room temperate for 2-3 days, until ripe.
How to Prepare Apricots:
- Slice ripe apricots at the natural seam, twist in half and remove the pit.
Fun Facts About Apricots:
- Apricot farmers in California produce more than 95% of the apricots grown in the United States.
- Apricots were discovered about 4,000 years ago in China.