Although spring has officially sprung, it definitely still feels like winter across most of the country. For most of us, we had a taste of spring much earlier than usual, but then old man winter had to come back and remind us that he wasn’t gone quite yet! So while it’s still cold outside, I’m enjoying my favorite soups for as long as I can.
You are going to love how quick and easy this Hearty Tortellini Soup is to make! It’s a satisfying vegetarian meal filled with cheese tortellini, diced tomatoes, green beans, spinach and chickpeas. The recipe calls for frozen green beans but by all means use fresh if you can get them! The soup is super flavorful as well as full of protein and fiber, keeping you fuller longer.
This soup has quickly become a favorite in our house, and it’s honestly one of the best soups I’ve ever had. I hope your family will love it as much as mine does!
Hearty Tortellini Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 10 minutes, or until onion is softened. Stir in tomato paste. Add broth, water, green beans, tomatoes, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and tortellini. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until tortellini is done.
2. Divide soup among bowls and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.