I can almost guarantee when you ask a parent what time of the day is most stressful, they will answer with a unanimous “morning!” It’s quite a feat to get kids up and moving, dressed and to school on time. For many of us, we are also attempting to get ourselves out the door and to the office on time as well. Add the pressure of fitting a healthy breakfast into the mix, and it all becomes too much.
I feel your pain, and luckily can help! We have some healthy grab-n-go breakfast options for busy parents. No need to do the nutrition research. Our expert registered dietitian, Estela Schnelle, has you covered.
- Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Muffins: Packed with veggies and full of flavor, this breakfast option is easy to prepare in the morning or can be made ahead of time and reheated.
- Cosmic Fruit Wrap: If your kids love fruit, this option is for them! Just assemble; wrap in aluminum foil and your kids can enjoy it in the car on the way to school.
- Nutty Breakfast “Cookies”: The perfect make-ahead and grab-n-go breakfast option! These “cookies” are filled with protein and fiber to keep everyone feeling full longer.
- Apple Pumpkin Muffins: Make a batch on Sunday for an easy breakfast option all week! Freeze extra muffins (if they aren’t all gobbled up!) and defrost at room temperature.
- Bagel & Pistachio-Cheese: Just 3 ingredients, need we say more?
- Simple Berry Smoothie: Here’s another quick & easy breakfast option with just 3 ingredients! It’s easy to customize with whatever fruit you have on hand!
Now when you say you are having a good morning, you can actually mean it! Find more breakfast recipe ideas by visiting our Breakfast Boost recipe collection on the website or our Grab-n-Go Breakfast board on Pinterest.