In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Jackie Vega about how to practice mindful eating in your daily life and encourage your little ones and tweens to pick up these healthy habits. What is mindful eating and how can you practice it at home? Listen to find out!
Jackie is a registered dietitian, ACE certified personal trainer, wife, and mom of two. She is the founder of the Wellness Solution where she offers guidance to her clients on all things health and fitness. You might also recognize Jackie from the popular website Super Healthy Kids where she writes recipes and is a meal plan developer.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:09 – Inspiration for Wellness Solution and work at Super Healthy Kids
- 6:01 – What is Mindful Eating?
- 7:27 – Tips for mindful eating
- 9:33 – How to get tweens to practice mindful eating
- 14:15 – How do encourage kids to make healthier choices when purchasing food at school
- 19:10 – Practicing mindful eating with a busy schedule
- How to Make Healthy Choices in the Lunch Lines
- How to Practice Mindful Eating in Your Daily Life
- The Wellness Solution
- Teaching Healthy Habits to Kids with MyPlate
- 13 Ways to Help You Stick to Your Healthy Habits
- Table Manners for Kids! And a Meal Time Rules Printable
- Prepear App
About the Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.