In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Sally Kuzemchak, the official registered dietitians of Produce for Kids and the voice behind RealMomNutrition.com, all about balancing the holiday sugar rush. Sally shares general rules for incorporating healthier foods into your holiday celebrations, how to focus on the holiday activities rather than the food, and how to get back into the swing of things post holiday.
Sally is a registered dietitian, author, and mom of two boys. She blogs at RealMomNutrition.com, a “no-judgement zone” for feeding families. She is the author of two books, The 101 Healthiest Foods For Kids, a guidebook to the best whole foods for kids, and Cooking Light Dinnertime Survival Guide, a cookbook for busy families.
An award-winning reporter and writer, Sally serves as a Contributing Editor for Parents magazine and a blogger for WebMD. Her writing has been published in magazines including Prevention, Health, Family Circle, Eating Well, Fitness, and Shape.
Sally received her master’s degree in dietetics from The Ohio State University and resides in Columbus, OH with her family.
Thank you so much for supporting the Healthy Family Project Podcast from Produce for Kids! We’d love if you could take 5 minutes to let us know how we can bring you the best possible content future episodes. By completing the survey, you’ll also be entered to win a $50 Amazon gift card! Take the survey here.
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Produce for Kids e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Healthy Family Project Facebook Group
Join our new Healthy Family Project Facebook group! This group will serve as a safe space for parents and caregivers to talk all about raising a healthy family – from dealing with a picky eater and tips to get more fruits and veggies onto plates to exercising as a family and mental health. We welcome all of you to join in!
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 3:01 How to create balance during the holiday season
- 5:14 Holiday excitement outside of food
- 9:12 Healthy holiday swaps
- 14:01 How to get back into the swing of things post holiday
- 22:13 Halloween treat alternatives
- 24:15 What does a healthy family mean to you?
- How to Practice Mindful Eating in Your Daily Life
- 25 Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids
- Fun & Healthy Thanksgiving Treats for Kids
- Fun Snacks for the Holiday Season
- 20 Healthy Valentine’s Day Treats
- Healthy Treats for Halloween Class Parties
- Why We Do The Switch Witch
- Class Party ideas for Halloween and Valentines’ Day
- Donate Halloween Candy to the troops
- Grab Sally’s Books: 101 Healthiest Foods for Kids book (Amazon link) and Dinnertime Survival Guide book (Amazon link)
- Connect with Sally on Facebook and Instagram
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Ep6: Mindful Eating for Your Family
- Ep12: Healthy Holiday Treats Part 1: Halloween
- Ep13: Healthy Holiday Treats Part 2: Thanksgiving & Christmas
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your topic idea for consideration.