In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Ashleigh Evans of Dash of Evans all about how to grocery shop on a budget. Ashleigh loves to show fellow parents how to feed their family AND save money, all while eating healthy. Today, we chat about ways to save money at the grocery store, set and stick to your family budget, and how to prevent food waste and make the most of your groceries.
As a busy mom of 4, Ashleigh Evans has no problem taking a little help from the store. On her blog Dash of Evans, she loves to create delicious recipes with easy to find ingredients. Follow along on her Instagram stories for lunchbox ideas, simple dinner recipes and more!
Healthy Recipes & Tips in Your Inbox
Sign up for the Produce for Kids e-newsletter to receive healthy recipe inspiration, our latest blog posts and more directly to your inbox each week.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 1:12 Meet Ashleigh
- 2:05 Ashleigh’s top money–saving tips
- 4:42 How to figure out your family’s grocery budget
- 8:08 How to reduce food waste when stocking up on grocery staples
- 12:34 Grocery delivery services
- 15:08 How to stick to your grocery budget
- Check out Ashleigh’s blog – Dash of Evans and follow her on Instagram
- Sign up for Ibotta and save on groceries!
- Grocery Shopping Hacks to Save Money on Fresh Produce
- 7 Tips to Reduce Food Waste & Save Money
- 5 Ways to Freeze Fruits & Veggies
- 5 Tips for Grocery Shopping on a Budget
- What’s in Season Guide to fresh produce each month
The latest from Produce for Kids
- Build Your Own Buddha Bowl + 15 Healthy Buddha Bowl Recipes
- 30 No-Cook Meals for Summer
- Stay tuned for Power Your Summer starting on May 27 for a chance to win fun prizes all summer!
Other Podcast Episodes to Check Out:
- Ep 18: How Families Can Reduce Food Waste
- Ep 15: Fruit & Veggie Trends + Shopping Hacks
- Ep 14: Tips for Grocery Shopping with Kids
- Ep 10: Shopping Tips from a Grocery Store Dietitian
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.