In this episode of Healthy Family Project, we talk to Produce for Kids blog contributor and registered dietitian, Holley Grainger of HolleyGrainger.com as part 1 of a two-part series all around holiday snacks. For part 1, we’re focusing on all things Halloween. Holley shares tips and ideas on Halloween snacks including classroom party ideas, ideas for balancing Halloween candy and healthier foods, how to “boo’zed” your neighbors for some Halloween fun, and more!
Holley Grainger is a nationally-recognized lifestyle, culinary, and nutrition expert as well as a wife, mom, and business owner. She does her best to keep it real and have fun with her family, readers, and clients all while balancing a sink of dirty dishes, a clingy toddler, a preschooler that lives for endless games of hide-and-seek, and a glass of red wine. Holley’s blog, Holley Grainger Nutrition, shares simple, healthy, flavor-packed meals as well as practical, doable nutrition advice.
The former nutrition editor for CookingLight.com and MyRecipes.com, she has instructed millions of accomplished and aspiring home cooks on how to make simple, healthy, family-friendly meals through online video, media appearances, speaking engagements, national news segments, online instructional guides and social media.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 4:19 Healthy snack ideas for Halloween
- 11:30 Fun and healthy classroom party ideas
- 14:22 School restrictions on party snacks
- 19:15 How to balance sugar overload with healthier options
- 20:29 “You’ve been Boo’d” Halloween tradition
- 24:52 Where to find more Halloween inspiration
- 25 Healthy Halloween Treats for Kids
- Holley’s “Boo Bags”
- White Chocolate Ghost Haystacks
- Graveyard Ghost Cups
- Fruit & Veggie Halloween Carvings
- Teal Pumpkin Project
- You’ve Been Boo’zed Free Halloween Printables
- More Halloween Content from Holley Grainger
- Facebook Live with Halloween Snacks & Carvings
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.