In this episode of the Healthy Family Project, we sat down with Anne L’Heureux, corporate registered dietitian of Hannaford, to talk all about grocery store dietitians. You might be wondering, “what is a grocery store dietitian and how can they help my family?” Well, that’s what we are here to talk about! Your current grocery store might offer free nutrition services you didn’t know about.
Anne earned her BS from the University of Medicine & Dentistry in Newark, New Jersey. Anne has been a dietitian with Hannaford since 2015, beginning her Hannaford career in the Kennebunk and Biddeford, Maine, retail stores. As a dietitian, Anne strives to help customers navigate the large and sometimes confusing world of nutrition.
Want to skip straight to a hot topic? See time stamps below. But of course, we recommend listening all the way through!
- 2:54 Meet Anne
- 7:50 How the Hannaford Dietitian Program helps families
- 15:50 How to find if your grocery store has a registered dietitian
- 19:22 Hannaford guiding stars program
- 24:45 Advice for families trying to shop healthier for the new school year
- 27:30 How to involve kids in the kitchen and encourage healthier habits
- 34:10 Trends in child nutrition
- Hannaford Dietitians website
- Guiding Stars
- Grocery Shopping on a Budget
- 6 Tips for Saving Money in the Produce Department
- Lunchbox Ideas
- BLT Bento Box
Healthy Family Project Podcast
Conversations covering hot topics in the world of health, food and family with a dose of fun. Helping families ease their way into a new fresh and healthy world. Brought to you by Produce for Kids.
Be on the lookout for new bi-weekly episodes and don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or your favorite podcasting site. If you like an episode, make sure to leave a rating and comment.
If you are interested in being a guest on the Healthy Family Project podcast, contact email@example.com with your topic idea for consideration.