Last weekend, the Produce for Kids team attended the Southeast Produce Council’s Southern Exposure show in Orlando, FL. The show was full of produce companies showcasing fresh fruits and vegetables along with some new kid-friendly products. Here are the team’s top seven picks to keep an eye out for:
- Sammies by Fowler Packing: Kid-sized California peaches, plums and nectarines that are smaller than their traditional counterparts, making them a perfect fit for lunchboxes and kid’s hands. The kid-friendly 2-lb. bags take the guesswork out of selecting fruit.
- Yucatan® Guacamole’s 100-calorie single serve packs: 100-calorie snack packs are all the rage, and now you can enjoy guacamole in a convenient, easy to transport pack. They’re all natural, gluten free and made with 95% avocado. Perfect for snacking, lunchboxes or just scooping straight from the pack!
- Earthbound Farm® PowerMeal™ Bowls: Packing lunch is easy with these new salads! Capitalizing on the organic trend, these salad bowls are packed with greens, seeds, fruit and whole grains for a complete meal. Varieties include Blueberry & Quinoa with Baby Spinach, Chia & Soba Noodles with Asian Greens and Tomatillo & Black Bean with Baby Lettuce.
- Awesome Apricot Yummy Fruit Bus™: Nine individually wrapped 1.4oz. packages of dried apricots come in this cute school bus. As a ready-to-eat snack, it’s perfect for lunchboxes or on-the-go and contains no added sugar.
- Dang Toasted Coconut Chips: The new perfect crunchy snack! These vegan and gluten free chips come in two flavors, original and caramel sea salt, and is great for topping off ice cream, salads, oatmeal, yogurt and baked good, or just plain old snacking.
- Marie’s Basil Pesto Vinaigrette: This new vinaigrette from Marie’s is more than just a salad dressing. Made with basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil, it makes a great marinade or pasta sauce that’s sure to please the whole family.
- Dippin’ Stix Indulgent Flavors: New flavors, like Sliced Apples & Caramel with Greek Yogurt Chips and Celery Stix, Peanut Butter & Raisins, are being added to the existing line of Dippin’ Stix dippers. These conveniently packed snacks are the perfect lunchbox companion.