During the chilly, snowy winter months, all my family craves are warm, comforting dishes. There’s something special about a hot bowl of soup on a freezing cold day. I’m always looking for new ideas to pack warm lunches for my kids when they head off to school. A good thermos is a must-have lunchbox item in the winter!
At Produce for Kids, we’re also excited to announce that the Power Your Lunchbox Promise is back and helping to inspiring parents to get back on the healthy lunchbox track for the school year. It’s easy – make the promise to eat a healthier lunch and our partners will make a collective $1 donation to Feeding America for every promise made!
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Make the Promise. Promise to eat healthier this school year at PowerYourLunchbox.com. Our partners will make a collective $1 donation for every promise made to Feeding America programs that support families and children.
- Show off healthy lunchboxes on social media. Use the #PowerYourLunchbox hashtag to show off your healthy lunchboxes and inspire other parents. Follow along on the hashtag to see great ideas from fellow parents.
- Tell a teacher! Teachers can now get in on the action too! PowerYourLunchbox.com has a complete teacher resource page with fun lesson plans, certificates for their students, take-home materials for families, and the ability to make the promise as a classroom.
Now, on to those 22 Warm Lunchbox Ideas for Winter we mentioned:
- Alphabet Vegetable Soup from Produce for Kids
- Baked Mini Meatballs from Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Kale & Chicken Pot Pies from Produce for Kids
- Easy Homemade Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup from Meal Planning Magic
- Wonton Taco Cups from Produce for Kids
- Veggie Nuggets for Kids from Weekly Bite
- Kid-Friendly Lunchbox Empanadas from Produce for Kids
- Healthy & Homemade Hot Pockets from Holley Grainger
- Broccoli & Cheese Crustless Quiches from Produce for Kids
- Hummus & Veggie Panini from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Mac n Cheese Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Marinara Spaghetti Squash from Adriana’s Best Recipes
- Hearty Turkey & Kale Chili from Produce for Kids
- Meatball & Orzo Soup from Dash of Evans
- Savory Chicken & Rice Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Chicken Quesadillas from Courtney’s Sweets
- Easy Sausage Stuffed Pepper Rings from Souffle Bombay
- White Bean Quesadillas from Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Homemade Healthy Ramen Noodle Soup from Momables
- Whole Wheat Veggie Calzones from Super Healthy Kids
- Crock Pot® Turkey Chili Mac & Cheese from A Cedar Spoon
- Mexican Fiesta Quesadilla Bento Box from Opera Singer in the Kitchen