During the chilly, snowy winter months, all my family craves are warm, comforting dishes. There’s something special about a hot bowl of soup on a freezing cold day. I’m always looking for new ideas to pack warm lunches for my kids when they head off to school. A good thermos is a must-have lunchbox item in the winter!
At Produce for Kids, we’re also excited to announce that the Power Your Lunchbox Promise is back and helping to re-inspiring parents to get back on the healthy lunchbox track after the holiday break. It’s easy – make the promise to eat a healthier lunch and our partners will make a collective $1 donation to Feeding America for every promise made!
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Make the Promise. Promise to eat healthier this school year at PowerYourLunchbox.com. Our partners will make a collective $1 donation for every promise made to Feeding America programs that support families and children.
- Show off healthy lunchboxes on social media. Use the #PowerYourLunchbox hashtag to show off your healthy lunchboxes and inspire other parents. Follow along on the hashtag to see great ideas from fellow parents.
- Tell a teacher! Teachers can now get in on the action too! PowerYourLunchbox.com has a complete teacher resource page with fun lesson plans, certificates for their students, take-home materials for families, and the ability to make the promise as a classroom.
Now, on to those 22 Warm Lunchbox Ideas for Winter we mentioned:
- Alphabet Vegetable Soup from Produce for Kids
- Baked Mini Meatballs from Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Kale & Chicken Pot Pies from Produce for Kids
- Easy Homemade Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup from Meal Planning Magic
- Wonton Taco Cups from Produce for Kids
- Veggie Nuggets for Kids from Weekly Bite
- Kid-Friendly Lunchbox Empanadas from Produce for Kids
- Healthy & Homemade Hot Pockets from Holley Grainger
- Broccoli & Cheese Crustless Quiches from Produce for Kids
- Hummus & Veggie Panini from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Mac n Cheese Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Marinara Spaghetti Squash from Adriana’s Best Recipes
- Hearty Turkey & Kale Chili from Produce for Kids
- Meatball & Orzo Soup from Dash of Evans
- Savory Chicken & Rice Muffins from Produce for Kids
- Chicken Quesadillas from Courtney’s Sweets
- Easy Sausage Stuffed Pepper Rings from Souffle Bombay
- White Bean Quesadillas from Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Homemade Healthy Ramen Noodle Soup from Momables
- Whole Wheat Veggie Calzones from Super Healthy Kids
- Crock Pot® Turkey Chili Mac & Cheese from A Cedar Spoon
- Mexican Fiesta Quesadilla Bento Box from Opera Singer in the Kitchen