Summer is the perfect time to pack a picnic and head to the local park for some family time. You can enjoy fresh air, sneak in some exercise and enjoy some tasty dishes. Make sure to pack your basket with fresh and tasty recipes using fresh produce at season’s peak!
Here’s are 15 of our favorite picnic-friendly recipes:
- Vegan Greek Pita: A quick & easy vegan lunch that’s perfectly packable for your picnic basket. Pair with a fresh salad of sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes and avocado tossed with lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Savory Carrot & Zucchini Squares: Kids will love these bars for a yummy snack or savory dessert. They are loaded with healthy veggies like onions, carrots and zucchini. Add dried fruits or pistachios for a sweet twist.
- Easy Summer Salad: A fresh take on salad; top your favorite greens with fruit and chicken for an easy lunch idea. Stuff salad into a pita or wrap for a portable snack.
- Light & Fresh Potato Salad: Give traditional, mayo-covered potato salad a fresh and healthy makeover with Greek yogurt! The addition of veggies like asparagus, cherry tomatoes and sliced onions makes this potato salad recipe a healthy choice for any picnic.
- 5 Layer Greek Dip: Full of veggies and flavor! Pack in individual cups for a fun appetizer. Use cucumber slices and other veggies for dipping to make this a gluten-free snack.
- Ants & Friends on a Log: What picnic is complete without Ants on a Log? Kids will love being able to top a “log” with “ants” and other “friends.” Use a few chocolate chips for a sweet treat.
- Fruity Pita Sandwiches: This mix of fruit and almond butter make for a healthy and delicious picnic option.
- Packable Caesar Pasta Salad: You can’t forget the pasta salad at your picnic. This dish is easy to make ahead and full of healthy veggies.
- 5-Ingredient Tzatziki Dip – You’re just five ingredients away from this quick and easy dip recipe! Serve chilled with your favorite veggies or add to your favorite wraps, sandwiches and salads.
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich – Avocados and Greek yogurt replace mayonnaise traditionally used in egg salad for healthier fats and a little extra protein.
- Sparkling Pomegranate Lemonade – Stay hydrated on your picnic with this sparkling pomegranate lemonade is perfect. Using Meyer lemons and a splash of pomegranate juice lets you to use less sugar without the lemonade being too tart for little ones.
- Superfood Salad – This superfood salad is packed with flavor and nutrition! Add your favorite protein, like grilled chicken, tofu or beans, for a hearty meal in minutes.
- Berry Melon Bruschetta – This colorful fruity bruschetta is quick to make, delicious and a perfect way to celebrate all your summertime favorites. Serve over sliced and toasted whole wheat baguette or as a salsa with tortilla chips.
- Mac n Cheese Muffins – These Mac n’ Cheese Muffins are a healthy spin on a kid-favorite. Since they’re fun to eat and packed with flavor, kids won’t even know they’re filled with veggies!
- Very Berry Cheesecake Dip – Kids love to dip. Give them this fun berry cheesecake dip made with low-fat cream cheese and berry juice for the perfect fruit dip.