Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. As a parent, I know this day is usually filled with candy attached to paper Valentines and boxes of chocolate. But not everything associated with this day has to be unhealthy. Here are a few fun, healthier ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day:
- Berry Simple Smoothie: There’s always time for breakfast with this super quick and easy 3-ingredient smoothie!
- Flourless Berry Banana Pancakes: These gluten free, berry banana pancakes are a quick and healthy alternative to ordinary pancakes. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter for a festive Valentine’s Day breakfast!
- Simple Fruit Parfaits: A fun, simple fruit and yogurt parfait perfect for a Valentine’s Day breakfast or snack. Top your favorite yogurt with heart-shaped fruits for a flavorful treat.
- Be My Valentine Bento Box: Kids will feel extra loved with this easy-to-make Valentine’s Day bento box!
- Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna: Get a dose of heart-healthy nutrients with this recipe!
- Steak & Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes: Skip the steakhouse and make the perfect steak dinner at home this Valentine’s Day!
- Lemon Roasted Salmon: Lemon and dill add a punch of flavor to this dish without adding extra calories or salt. Salmon is rich in heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids!
Snacks & Desserts
- Creamy Chocolate Dippers: Healthier than chocolate syrup, this yogurt-based chocolate dip contains powerful probiotics and protein, and uses unrefined sugar.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfaits: A fun and healthier alternative to banana splits! These parfaits are made with protein packed yogurt and make for a satisfying dessert.
- Berry Cherry Frozen Yogurt Bites: These yogurt bites are perfectly portioned and bite-sized for little ones.
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips: This flavorful fruit salsa is great for Valentine’s Day parties, a snack or even dessert. Mix in your favorite fruits or use what’s in season for a year-round treat.
- Fruity Fun Roll Ups: These make ahead fruit roll-ups are a healthy spin on the store bought fruit roll-ups. Perfect for homemade Valentines!
- PB&J Popsicles: With they’re beautiful purple color, these popsicles are perfect for a Valentine’s Day dessert!
- Valentine’s Day Fruit Skewers: Sweeten up Valentine’s Day with this fun fruity dessert. These heart-shaped fruit skewers will be a hit with the kids.
Need more ideas for Valentine’s Day? Check out our Heart Healthy Valentine’s Day pinboard!