Can you believe back to school is just around the corner? It seems like only yesterday that I was picking up my boys on their last day of school. The start of a new school year is one of the busiest times for my family. Between my husband finalizing lesson plans, shopping for school supplies and getting everyone out the door, the last thing I want to think about is cooking a complicated dinner.
Here are 10 easy dinner recipes for back to school:
- 30-Minute Veggie Tortellini Soup: This recipe doesn’t require much prep work and comes together in just 30 minutes. Plus, leftovers make a great lunch!
- Pork Chops & Cinnamon Apples: When I think of classic fall dishes, this is the recipe that comes to mind. Using whole wheat bread crumbs and baking, instead of frying, makes this a healthier dinner.
- Greek Breakfast Casserole: My boys love having breakfast for dinner. This dish is perfect for prepping ahead of time and baking once we get home.
- Hidden Veggie Meatballs: Dealing with a picky eater at home? These meatballs are a yummy way to sneak in veggies! You can also serve them over pasta with marinara.
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas: Taco Tuesday is a big deal in our house. These fajitas are great because I can prep everything ahead of time and just toss in the slow cooker before heading out for the day.
- Cauliflower & Kale Pesto Pasta: Dinner that’s ready in 20 minutes? Sign me up! This is also a great vegetarian option for Meatless Monday.
- Hearty Turkey & Kale Chili: Chili is a comfort food in my family. This recipe cooks in a slow cooker so I can just add ingredients in the morning before heading out the door and come home to a delicious meal.
- Lemon Roasted Salmon: Dinner and clean up is easy with this recipe! Cooking salmon in foil packets is a foolproof way to get a perfect meal without a ton of effort.
- Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna: This is a great recipe for getting the kids involved. They love helping to layer the veggies and noodles. Plus, it all cooks in the slow cooker for a super easy dinner!
- Easy Cheesy Tomato Sandwiches: Have I mentioned that my boys love grilled cheese? This version has some delicious veggies added for a healthier option.
What are your favorite meals to create during back-to-school? Comment below and let us know!