Grab your favorite chips and get ready to dip into the delicious vegan nacho cheese dip. Whether it’s movie night or you’ve got a summer party coming up, this dip is a nach-yay! Great for adding to tacos on Taco Tuesday or for dipping your favorite chips, veggies and crackers.
So where does the cheesy flavor come from if there’s no cheese? A combo of cashews and nutritional yeast gives this dish a creamy, cheesy flavor and texture. Once made, you can store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Here are a few other plant-based recipes that would pair nicely with this vegan nacho cheese dip:
Vegan Nacho Cheese Dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup raw or dry roasted cashews
- ½ cup plain unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Place cashews in food processor or high-speed blender and blend 5-10 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add cashew milk and blend until evenly combined and smooth, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides.
- Add vinegar, nutritional yeast, paprika, chili powder and salt and blend until combined and smooth.
- Enjoy with chips, crackers, pretzels, fruits, vegetables or any food of choice!
If you’re looking for more plant-based ideas or tips to ease your family into a plant-based lifestyle, check out Episode 4 of the Healthy Family Project to hear more from Lead Green DAD.