Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Raspberries are available year-round in most regions, with peak season being June to October.
Health Benefits of Raspberries:
- Raspberries are a rich source of flavonoids quercetin and gallic acid, which play a role in heart health and the prevention of cardiovascular disease, obesity and age-related diseases.
- Raspberries are also high in fiber and Vitamin C.
How to Select Raspberries:
- Look for raspberries that are firm and have a deep color.
- Avoid raspberries with hulls attached, which is a sign of premature picking, or soft, moldy berries.
How to Store Raspberries:
- Store raspberries unwashed in the original container in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
How to Prepare Raspberries:
- Rinse raspberries gently with cool water just before you’re ready to eat them.
Fun Facts about Raspberries:
- Raspberries aren’t only red. They can also be gold, black and purple!
- The average raspberry contains 100 to 120 seeds.