Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Kiwi is in season October through May
Health Benefits of Kiwi:
- Kiwi is an excellent source of Vitamin C, fiber, potassium and antioxidants. It also contains magnesium, folate, zinc and Vitamin E.
- One serving of kiwifruit (two medium fruits) contains more potassium than a banana, the Vitamin C of two oranges, and the amount of fiber in a bowl of bran cereal.
How to Select Kiwi:
- Choose kiwis with firm, unblemished skin.
- Ripe kiwis will give slightly to gently pressure.
How to Store Kiwi:
- Store kiwi at room temperature away from exposure to sunlight or heat until ripe, up to 4 days.
- Kiwi can also be refrigerated for up to 4 weeks.
How to Prepare Kiwi:
- Always wash before eating.
- Remove the skin with a paring knife or a potato peeler or by cutting both ends and getting a knife underneath to peel off the skin (the skin is edible).
Fun Facts About Kiwi:
- The kiwifruit originated from China and was originally called the ‘Chinese Gooseberry’
- It was renamed Kiwifruit after its uncanny resemblance to the “fuzzy brown kiwi” – New Zealand’s National Bird.