Kids will get a kick out of these fruit & veggies caterpillar snacks! Perfect for a hands-on after school snack or a fun lunchbox idea.
Photography by Christine Pittman in partnership with Produce for Kids.
- 6 green grapes
- 1 strawberry, leaves hulled
- 2 chocolate chips
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 2 blueberries
- 6 matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 (10-inch) spinach wrap
- 2 slices salami
- 1 slice reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup Earthbound Farm® organic baby spinach
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips, divided
- 1 small tomato
- 2 olive slices
- 2 6-inch skewer sticks
- Slide grapes onto skewer to form caterpillar body. Add strawberry for a head.
- Press chocolate chips into strawberry for eyes. Top pretzels with blueberries. Press into top of strawberry for antennae.
- Lay carrots near each grape to represent legs.
- Spread mayonnaise on wrap. Add salami, cheese, salad and half of cucumbers. Roll up and trim off ends. Cut wrap into 5 pieces.
- Slide pieces and tomato onto skewer. Cut slits in tomato and insert black olives for eyes and cucumbers for antennae.
- Use remaining cucumber to represent legs.
- Calories 419
- Fat 19.95g
- Protein 14.63g
- Carbohydrates 51.54g
- Fiber 3.91g
- Sodium 509mg
- Calcium 354mg
- Iron 2.60mg