A healthy makeover for your next taco Tuesday! Kids will love to assemble their own taco salad bowls with a variety of toppings. Mix in more veggies like onions, shredded carrots and chopped sweet peppers.
Photography by Christine Pittman in partnership with Produce for Kids.
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 package DOLE® Premium Romaine salad blend
- 1/2 cup lowfat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup no-salt-added corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup lowfat chipotle Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Turn a 12-cup muffin tin upside down and nestle tortillas in the space between 4 cups to form a bowl.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until firm and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook 7-10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain and return to skillet. Reduce heat to low, add taco seasoning and ¼ cup water and let simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Fill taco bowl with salad, ground beef, cheese, corn, tomato and avocado. Top with dressing.