Parents can breathe easy serving a side of this casserole with their family dinner. With three simple steps and six ingredients, it’s sure to become a staple in the meal plan.
Get more fresh takes on holiday favorites with our free e-cookbook.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place sweet potatoes in large saucepot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes, milk, butter and pumpkin pie spice in large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sweet potato mixture to shallow baking dish, top with pecans and marshmallows. Place under preheated broiler 5 inches from heat; broil 2-3 minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Calories 242
- Fat 10g
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrates 36g
- Fiber 4g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 62mg
- Sugar 14g
- Calcium 52mg
- Iron 1.39mg