This slow cooker fajitas recipe is a busy parent's best friend. Mix up this delicious nutrient-filled combination prior to heading out for the day and have a meal ready upon return. The kids will love building their very own steak fajitas.
Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 bell peppers, seeded, sliced
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 Mexican Hass avocado
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Mix garlic, cumin, chili powder, lime juice and cilantro in small bowl. Rub into steak.
- Add steak, onions and peppers to slow cooker, and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove steak from slow cooker and slice.
- Assemble tortillas with steak, peppers, onions, lettuce, Pico de Gallo, avocado and yogurt.
Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic and salt in mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
*Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides