One Pot Wonders are all the rage, and for good reason! What’s easier than throwing everything into a pot (no need to cook the pasta!) and having dinner ready in 20 minutes with little to no work? This recipe for chicken lo mein will have you skipping on take-out and opting for a family-friendly, home-cooked meal instead.
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1 (16oz.) box whole wheat linguini
- 8 ounces matchstick carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add chicken and pasta, then carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, garlic, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, broth and oil to large stockpot. Cover, bring to a rolling boil over high heat and stir. Cook, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, uncover and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories 369
- Total fat: 8.84g
- Carbohydrate: 55.88g
- Total dietary fiber: 4.02g
- Protein: 14.58g
- Total sugars: 7.25g
- Calcium: 30mg
- Iron: 1.18mg
- Sodium: 452mg