These Mac n' Cheese Muffins are a healthy spin on a kid-favorite. Since they're fun to eat and packed with flavor, kids won't even know they're filled with veggies!
Photography by Christine Pittman in partnership with Produce for Kids.
- 3/4 sweet onion
- 1 cup baby cut carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 box (14.5 oz.) whole wheat macaroni noodles, cooked according to package
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Puree onion, carrots and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Mix cheddar, mozzarella, egg, butter and olive oil in large bowl. Add cooked macaroni, vegetables and ½ cup bread crumbs. Stir until just incorporated.
- Spoon mixture evenly into greased muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on top and bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
1 Del Monte® Fruit Naturals® Cup
½ cup carrots and seedless cucumbers
- Calories 347
- Fat 11.37g
- Protein 20.63g
- Carbohydrates 40.44g
- Fiber 3.76g
- Cholesterol 33mg
- Sodium 497mg
- Calcium 434mg
- Iron 1.98mg
- *Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides