Give traditional, mayo-covered potato salad a fresh and healthy makeover with Greek yogurt! The addition of veggies like asparagus, cherry tomatoes and sliced onions makes this potato salad recipe a healthy choice for any cookout or picnic. Add spinach and you have an easy meal for the whole family.
- 2 pounds Melissa's Baby Dutch Yellow® Potatoes, quartered
- 1 (plus 1/4 tsp.) teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 1/2 RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package organicgirl baby spinach
- Add potatoes and 1 tsp. salt to medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 7-10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and let cool 30 minutes.
- Cut off top bud of asparagus spears and place in bowl. Chop rest of spears into 1/4" pieces ad add to bowl. Mix asparagus, olive oil, lemon juice and ¼ tsp. salt in bowl and allow to marinate. Add Greek yogurt, Italian dressing, mustard and pepper to bowl and stir well. Add artichokes, onion, tomatoes and potatoes and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately on bed of spinach or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
- Calories 179
- Fat 1.61g
- Protein 7.12g
- Carbohydrates 37.69g
- Fiber 10.40g
- Sodium 626mg
- Calcium 61mg
- Iron 3.26mg