Give a family favorite a healthy makeover! These meatballs are packed with veggies and made with turkey, to give them a healthy spin. Serve with veggie rice for a delicious dinner or as a fun appetizer.
- 1 small Little Bear Brand® Vidalia® sweet onion, quartered
- 4 ounces baby carrots
- 4 mini sweet peppers
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup sesame ginger dressing
- 6 cups brown rice, cooked according to package
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place onion, carrots and peppers in food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, finely chop ingredients by hand.
- Combine bread crumbs, egg, turkey and veggie mixture in bowl, mix well. Form mixture into 24 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until slightly browned and meat is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and toss with dressing. Serve over 1 cup brown rice.