The Mexican-inspired potatoes are a healthful gluten free meal. Make extra of the beef/veggie mixture to use later in the week for quesadillas or tacos salad. Top potatoes with 1 Tbsp. lowfat cheese or Greek yogurt for extra protein.
Photography by Christine Pittman in partnership with Produce for Kids.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 Green Giant™ Fresh Klondike Rose® potatoes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef, 90% or higher
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 cups no-salt-added corn
- 1 can (16 oz) low sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocados, diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Scrub and dry potatoes. Rub with 1 tsp. oil and prick with fork. Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, or until skins are crispy and insides are soft.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and cook for about 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain fat from pan.
- Return pan to heat; add onion, peppers, garlic, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes. Add corn and beans and cook for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent and beef is no longer pink.
- While beef mixture is cooking, mix tomato, avocado, lime juice and cilantro in small bowl. Let marinate.
- Once potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out ½ of potato flesh from each half and reserve for other use.
- Fill each half with ⅛ beef and vegetable mixture. Top with ⅛ avocado and tomato mixture.
- Calories 645
- Fat 10.50g
- Protein 32.41g
- Carbohydrates 108.60g
- Fiber 18.78g
- Sodium 63mg
- Calcium 100mg
- Iron 7.74mg