Everyone loves pasta and this veggie-packed version of ricotta stuffed shells offers all the flavor and comfort of a classic, family-favorite with a healthy twist. Prepare it for Sunday supper or add it to the recipe box as a go-to potluck dish.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, grated
- 1/3 cup mushrooms , chopped
- 1/3 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (26 oz.) low-sodium pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, spinach, onion, mushrooms, zucchini and garlic in large mixing bowl.
- Fill each cooked pasta shell with 2 Tbsp. cheese/vegetable mixture and arrange in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with pasta sauce and bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
*Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides