Cheesy, healthy and delicious - can't ask for more! This wonderful, healthily stuffed mushroom recipe is the perfect meatless dinner option that will satisfy and please even the most loyal 'meat and potatoes' eater.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 portabella mushroom caps , stems removed
- 3 tablespoons Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium low heat; add onions, peppers and celery, and cook 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and tomato. Cook 2 minutes, or until spinach wilts.
- Add quinoa and 1½ cups water. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until quinoa has softened. If quinoa is soft but all liquid has not been absorbed, strain. Gently stir in ½ cup cheese.
- Place mushrooms on 13 x 9” rimmed baking sheet; brush with vinaigrette. Spoon quinoa into mushrooms. Sprinkle each mushroom with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are heated through.
*Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides