This pesto pasta dish is as healthy as it is delicious. Perfect when paired with noodles and chick peas, fluffed into rice or tossed with cooked vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, carrots or peas.
- 16 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 oz.) low-sodium chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup Green Giant™ Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles®
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, but add chickpeas during last 1 minute of cooking. Drain and return to pot.
- Place cauliflower in bowl, cover loosely with microwave-safe lid and microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes, or until very soft.
- Place cauliflower, kale, parsley, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in food processor. Purée until smooth, adding up to ½ cup water to achieve smooth consistency.
- Mix pasta and pesto.