Kids love tater tots! These homemade broccoli tater tots are easy to make and freezer-friendly. Make an extra batch to freeze for an easy dinner or lunch side dish.
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups Eat Smart® broccoli florets
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potatoes in large stockpot and add enough cold water to cover. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to low and simmer 3 minutes. Add broccoli; don’t stir. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Mix egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder in large bowl until just combined.
- Add potatoes and broccoli to food processor. Pulse 8-10 times until finely grated. Add to breadcrumb mixture and stir to combine.
- Use tablespoon to scoop potato mixture into 40 mounds. Shape each into an oval and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes; flip and bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Calories 226kcal
- Total fat: 1.88g
- Carbohydrate: 45.01g
- Fiber: 3.01g
- Protein: 8.38g
- Total sugars: 2.03g
- Calcium: 72mg
- Iron: 2.77mg
- Sodium: 207mg