This Southwestern-inspired breakfast taco recipe is savory and easy to make.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Chihuahua cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- Heat large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray on medium heat.
- Place tortillas into the skillet one at a time and heat each side 1 minute. Set aside on plate.
- Re-spray skillet with nonstick spray and return pan to heat. Add onions and mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent. Add tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix eggs in mixing bowl and pour into skillet. Let set 1 minute. Add cooked vegetables and cheese, and stir gently 2-3 minutes, or until all ingredients are scrambled.
- Top tortillas with eggs and season with garlic, salt and pepper, and top with salsa or guacamole.
Peach, pear and raspberry Melba Tart
A glass of 1% milk
- Calories 490
- Fat 11.45g
- Protein 20.54g
- Carbohydrate 33.15g
- Fiber 2g
- Cholesterol 160mg
- Sodium 770 mg
- Calcium 50% DV
- Vitamin A 29% DV
- Vitamin C 21% DV
- Iron 8% DV
- *Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides