Tex-Mex is at its finest (and easiest!) with this tasty tostada recipe. For a fun twist, cut the tortillas into triangles before toasting to make tortilla chips, and serve the cheese-tada toppings as a cold dip.
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, drained, mashed
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast tortillas 3-4 minutes or to desired crispiness.
- Microwave beans on HIGH 1 minute.
- Spread beans on tortillas. Top with cheese, Romaine, tomatoes and salsa.
1/2 cup pineapple and strawberries topped with ¼ cup granola
A glass of 100% juice
- Calories 530
- Fat 5g
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 81g
- Fiber 6g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Calcium 60mg
- Vitamin A 22IU
- Vitamin C 253mg
- Iron 16mg
- *Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides