Avocados and Greek yogurt replace mayonnaise traditionally used in egg salad for good fats and a little extra protein. Make the avocado egg salad within two hours of eating to avoid browning.
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chilled, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 green onion tops, chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine avocado, lemon juice, salt, eggs, yogurt, onions, mustard, onion and garlic powder in bowl; mix well. Pepper to taste.
- Spread half of egg mixture onto 1 slice of bread. Top with lettuce and tomato. Top with second slice of bread and repeat.