These muffins are a little taste of fall thanks to apples, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Freeze extra muffins (if they aren’t all gobbled up!) and defrost at room temperature.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin spice, baking soda and baking powder in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and oil.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in apple.
- Line muffin pan with baking cups. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.
- Calories 394
- Protein 11.85g
- Fat 12.17g
- Carbohydrates 63.33g
- Fiber 4g
- Cholesterol 41mg
- Sodium 332mg
- Calcium 30% DV
- Vitamin A 94% DV
- Vitamin C 310% DV
- Iron 9% DV
- *Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides
Tips & Videos
Apple Tips Courtesy of Stemilt™
Pick: Select apples that are firm to the touch and free of bruises.
Store: To maintain freshness, apples should be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag.
Prep: Thoroughly wash apples in water before using. Apples can be enjoyed in salads, smoothies, and breads.