Kids will have a blast with these protein and produce-packed “gondolas.” If serving for a crowd, rub a little lemon juice on the apples before topping to delay browning.
- 1 Sage Fruit® Pink Lady apple, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 Sage Fruit® Bartlett pear , cut into 4 wedges
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 4 slices colby cheese, cut in half
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 8 toothpicks
- Lay apples and pears on plate skin side down
- Stack mozzarella, Colby and tomato on top and secure with toothpick
- Calories 382
- Fat 18g
- Protein 18g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Fiber 67g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 554mg
- Calcium 44%DV
- Vitamin A 18%DV
- Vitamin C 31%DV
- Iron 10%DV
- *Nutritional information is for complete meal with suggested sides
Tips & Videos
Apple Tips Courtesy of Stemilt™
Pick: Select apples that are firm to the touch and free of bruises.
Store: To maintain freshness, apples should be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag.
Prep: Thoroughly wash apples in water before using. Apples can be enjoyed in salads, smoothies, and breads.
Pear Tips Courtesy of Stemilt™
Pick: Choose pears that have a slight give around the neck at time of use.
Store: Store in the refrigerator to maintain the ripeness or leave at room temperature to accelerate ripeness.
Prep: Wash thoroughly before use. Pears are great in recipes such as Pineapple Pear Shake, Nutty Breakfast Cookie and Apple Pear Crumble.