This light, easy vegetable soup recipe is ready in only 30 minutes, so it's perfect dinner for a busy weeknight. Leftovers make for the perfect hearty lunch.
Photography by Christine Pittman in partnership with Produce for Kids.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 (48 oz.) carton low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) low-sodium diced tomoatoes
- 1 head escarole, roughly chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) package Eat Smart® green beans
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 (12 oz.) package dry tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, onion and carrots. Cook 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes, escarole, green beans and corn. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat and simmer 9-10 minutes, or until tortellini is cooked. Top with 1½ tsp. cheese.
- Calories 357
- Fat 9g
- Protein 14g
- Carbohydrates 49g
- Fiber 5g
- Sodium 648mg
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Sugar 6.5g
- Calcium 190mg
- Iron 2.77mg