The Instant Pot seems to be everywhere these days! This hot new kitchen tool claims to replace 7 appliances and cook food up to 70% faster while using less energy than conventional appliances. As a busy mom with an affinity for collecting kitchen gadgets, this definitely intrigued me!
After receiving one as an early Christmas present, we put this baby to the test and have found a world of amazing recipes to try. Before heading straight into recipe testing, check out this amazing guide from our friend Kristen of A Mind “Full” Mom. She breaks down everything you need to know about your new Instant Pot including a description of every part, how to determine cook time and her favorite Instant Pot accessories!
Instant Pot Tips for Beginners:
- Your Instant Pot comes with a removable silicone ring that is placed on the inside of the lid and helps to seal in the pressure. Remove and clean this ring after every use. Make sure the ring is securely attached to the lid before turning the valve to “seal.” At this point, the Instant Pot will take 5 to 20 minutes to pressurize.
- Refer to the Instant Pot cooking timetable when deciding on what length of time to cook your food.
- There’s no need to defrost your food! Simply throw it in the Instant Pot and adjust the cook time as frozen food to prolong pre-heating.
- High or low pressure? High is commonly used for most recipes and low is reserved for more delicate ingredients such as seafood and eggs.
- Natural vs. quick release? Once the timer us up, the Instant Pot will switch to warm and will slowly lose pressure. If your recipe calls for quick release, simply turn the steam valve to its venting position and keep your hands away as the machine will quickly release a burst of steam and lose all pressure in about one minute.
This might seem like a lot of information for one appliance, but you’ll quickly get the hang of it! Once you’ve had your crash course in Instant Pot 101, check out our round-up of delicious recipes featuring everything from homemade chicken stock, oatmeal, veggie-packed meatballs, soups, mashed potatoes and more!
Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Carrot & Sweet Potato Mash from Produce for Kids
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash from Aggie’s Kitchen
- Instant Pot 10-Minute Steak Tacos from Stay Snatched
- Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken from Art From My Table
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock from A Mind”Full” Mom
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili with Butternut Squash from Art From My Table
- Instant Pot Ramen Soup from No. 2 Pencil
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup from A Night Owl
- Instant Pot Korean Chicken Meatballs from The Bewitchin’ Kitchen
- Instant Pot Beef Stew from Life Made Sweeter
- Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower & Peas from Skinnytaste
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes from A Mind”Full” Mom
- Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes from Gimme Some Oven
- Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa Bowl from Where You Get Your Protein
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup with Bacon & Green Chiles from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal from Life Made Sweeter
- Coconut Lime Quinoa from Unsophisticook
- Sausage, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup from Wholesomelicious
- Pasta e Fagioli Soup from A Pinch of Healthy
- Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot from RDelicious Kitchen
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili from A Mind”Full” Mom
- Instant Pot Hummus from Everyday Maven
- Instant Pot Yogurt from Super Healthy Kids
- Instant Pot Turkey Taco Pasta from A Cedar Spoon
- Instant Pot Lasagna from The Wicked Noodle
- Instant Pot Applesauce from Tasting Table
- Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower from Happy Healthy Mama
- Pressure Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken from It Is A Keeper!
- Instant Pot Turkey Stuffed Peppers from Cooking Light