Ideal Meals® are deliciously quick and easy-to-prepare meals developed by Produce for Kids’ very own Chef Marshall O'Brien and reviewed by our Registered Dietitian, Estela Schnelle. This year, we're adding new dessert recipes in honor of our 10th birthday! Visit our Company History page to learn more about the last ten years.
Fruity Short Cakes
For a complete meal serve Fruity Short Cakes with:
- A glass of 1% milk
Sorry, no ratings have been submitted for this entry yet.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 nectarine, pitted, chopped
- 1 pear, cored, sliced
- 1 apple, cored, chopped
- ½ cup pineapple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 individual short cakes
- ¼ cup cherries, pitted, sliced
- ¼ cup raspberries, sliced
1. Mix nectarines, pears, apples, pineapple, yogurt and cinnamon in large mixing bowl.
2. Top individual short cakes with fruit and yogurt mixture, sprinkle with cherries and raspberries.
Fruity Short Cakes Calories 334, Fat 6.4g, Protein 13.9g, Carbohydrate 56.8g, Fiber 3.4g, Cholesterol 11mg, Sodium 306mg, Calcium 447mg, Vitamin A685 IU, Vitamin C 20.3mg, Iron 1.2mg
These companies are proud supporters of local children's non-profit organizations.
- California Nectarines
Grower Direct® California Cherries
Crunch Pak® Sliced Apples®
Del Monte Gold® Extra Sweet Pineapple
Nature's Partner® Nectarine